Current:Home > NewsSafeX Pro:Taylor Swift Cancels Austria Concerts After Confirmation of Planned Terrorist Attack -AlphaFinance Experts
SafeX Pro:Taylor Swift Cancels Austria Concerts After Confirmation of Planned Terrorist Attack
Rekubit View
Date:2025-04-06 20:56:12
Taylor Swift’s upcoming concerts in Austria were the target of an alleged terror plot.
Authorities in Vienna confirmed to NBC News Aug. 7 that two men have SafeX Probeen arrested in connection to planned attacks on major events in the city, including the “Karma” singer’s upcoming Eras Tour shows on Aug. 8, Aug. 9, and Aug. 10, which have been canceled.
"Due to confirmation by government officials of a planned terrorist attack at the Ernst Happel Stadium," event organizer Barracuda Music wrote on Instagram Aug. 7, "we have no choice but to cancel the three planned shows for everyone's safety."
Swift's website also announced that all tickets for the three shows "will be automatically refunded within the next 10 business days."
One of the suspects taken into custody is a 19-year-old man who had allegedly pledged allegiance to the Salafi-jihadist group ISIS, Vienna State Police Director Franz Ruf and the head of the State Police Gerhard Purstl said during a press conference Aug. 7. The authorities also noted, per NBC News, another arrest was made later that afternoon.
Authorities explained that the arrested suspects had “detailed” plans to carry out an attack, and the 19-year-old had been found with chemical substances which authorities are currently trying to determine whether could be used to make a bomb.
E! News has reached out to reps for Swift regarding the arrests and cancelation, but has not yet heard back.
The arrest comes less than a month after an individual was arrested prior Swift’s concert in Gelsenkirchen, Germany, due to threats against Swift and her boyfriend Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce, both 34.
According to the Associated Press, a 34-year-old man had purchased a ticket for the Miss Americana star’s July 17 concert, but was arrested upon entry into the Veltins-Arena, following “tips from organizers of the event.”
And while Swift did not publicly address the previous arrest, she had spoken adamantly before about the precautions she has in place to keep her shows, fans and loved ones safe—calling any violence at her shows her “biggest fear” after the bombing at an Ariana Grande concert and shooting at the Route 91 Harvest music festival in 2017.
“I was completely terrified to go on tour this time because I didn’t know how we were going to keep 3 million fans safe over seven months,” she wrote in an essay for Elle in 2019. “There was a tremendous amount of planning, expense, and effort put into keeping my fans safe.”
(E! News and NBC News are both a part of NBCUniversal).
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (7355)
Related
- Your Wedding Guests Will Thank You if You Get Married at These All-Inclusive Resorts
- Trump's scheduled trial dates and where they fall in the presidential primary calendar
- 'I find it wrong': Cosmetics brand ends Alice Cooper collection after he called trans people a 'fad'
- Breaking impasse, Tennessee lawmakers adjourn tumultuous session spurred by school shooting
- The 401(k) millionaires club keeps growing. We'll tell you how to join.
- High school football coach arrested, charged with battery after hitting player on sideline
- Is Rite Aid at risk of bankruptcy? What a Chapter 11 filing would mean for shoppers.
- EPA head says he’s ‘proud” of decision to block Alaska mine and protect salmon-rich Bristol Bay
- Off the Grid: Sally breaks down USA TODAY's daily crossword puzzle, Hi Hi!
- Medicare to start negotiating prices for 10 drugs. Here are the medications.
Ranking
- 2024 Olympics: Gymnast Ana Barbosu Taking Social Media Break After Scoring Controversy
- Gabon military officers say they’re seizing power just days after the presidential election
- Opponents of Nebraska plan to use public money for private school tuition seek ballot initiative
- A new Titanic expedition is planned. The US is fighting it, says wreck is a grave site
- Behind on your annual reading goal? Books under 200 pages to read before 2024 ends
- France banning Islamic abaya robes in schools, calling them an attempt to convert others to Islam
- Hollywood union health insurance is particularly good. And it's jeopardized by strike
- Yes, people often forget to cancel their monthly subscriptions — and the costs add up
Recommendation
Tony Hawk drops in on Paris skateboarding and pushes for more styles of sport in LA 2028
Family of 4, including 2 toddlers, found stabbed to death in New York City apartment
Critical fire weather in arrives Northern California’s interior; PG&E cuts power to 8,400 customers
Kyle McCord getting start for Ohio State against Indiana, but QB battle will continue
Selena Gomez engaged to Benny Blanco after 1 year together: 'Forever begins now'
Texas drought exposes resting place of five sunken World War I ships in Neches River
Critical fire weather in arrives Northern California’s interior; PG&E cuts power to 8,400 customers
Defendant in Georgia election interference case asks judge to unseal records